The andi & meicheng project's latest news and updates

we are andi from germany and meicheng from china both living in venice, italy and playing with various musicians from all over the world, this is our debut single, more is following soon :slight_smile:
we would be very interested in your thoughts and maybe you can help us to figure out the style haha
here’s where you can find it:

so listen to us, like us and don’t forget to drop a comment :wink:

5 Likes

Hey @Andi :wave:

Really nice work + congrats on your debut! Brings to mind the psychedelic pop influences of early Broadcast, Stereolab, and Brian Jonestown Massacre, and also some Shoegaze and post-rock.

Might I suggest pitching it to our Everything Indie playlist here :wink:

Out of curiosity, what have you guys been leaning on most for promotion (socials, video, etc.) since getting started?

Looking forward to hearing more soon!

1 Like

I really like the song. What I can advise you it’s to add a bit of afro to your sound .
Add some spice to your music so you could conquer Africa which is a big music industry

1 Like

Hi LIIX1. thanx a lot ! as we play with musicians from all over the world this might well happen in one of our next songs!

1 Like

Thank you so much Nicholas! I will listen to your music suggestions! I have to admit I don’t know them yet and it’s always an adventure discovering new music to me :slight_smile: I just have pitched the song in this moment to the playlist you suggested! we also have sent the song to some radios, which aired it from UK to Brazil and from Moldavia to Israel. It was an incredible feeling to hear our song in a radio show for the first time :smiley:
we also sent it to playlist curators and it entered some playlists, also some influencers used it as background music for their stories. we also have our own playlist with a small number of followers were you can find some of our influences, friends and new musicians we discovered: Spotify
we are working on the next songs but as we do it in our spare time there is no date yet for the releases :slight_smile:
thanks again and very best from Venice!!!

2 Likes

WOW worldwide airplay right off the bat! I’m sure that felt amazing to see that happen and have your music reach new people :slight_smile:

How did you go about researching the radio stations in those countries to reach out to?

aaand for the influencers, did you reach out to them individually or did they discover the track themselves?

Always eager to hear how artists are finding success organically :herb:

1 Like

yeah! It was really amazing! we don’t have that great numbers so it is difficult for someone who doesn’t already know about us to find us although there is someone who found us through our instagram, but we contacted curators and influencers which isn’t always easy and we reached some :slight_smile: we also made large use of artist hub pro in our promos and had quite a bit of presaves too.
We make music since a while but lockdown gave us the chance to go deeper in the production and afterwards we discovered how to release a song and when we thought ok, it’s done, a whole new world, let’s call it promotion haha, opened up. I can naturally speak just for us but I think there are lot’s of other emerging musicians that don’t expect how big and challenging the adventure of releasing a song is! and we are glad we chose iMusician because we were always helped also in our newbie doubts on really basic questions, starting from artwork to other details, like finding our song in streaming services that are not available here and so on, so big thanks and compliments to the whole team!!

4 Likes

Happy to hear it and thanks for the kind words :heartpulse:

We’re always recommending to artists that they reach out / DM radio stations, influencers, blogs, etc. to get airplay :radio: great to see that come to fruition for you guys!

Promo is a neverending (exhausting) game as the platforms and algorithms are constantly changing :woozy_face:

Any specific elements or platforms that have been frustrating on your end lately?

2 Likes

thanks Nicholas, the video is reallyyy helpful, wish I had seen it earlier,and yes, in the beginning it is a strange feeling when your song is rejected but some playlist curators reject for the same reasons others accept. It’s not about the music itself in the first place but about finding the right match and the tips are exactly what you will go to find out after reaaally a lot of trial and error :smile:.
so I have to admit it is not really frustrating (but we are just at the beginning haha) but more stimulating to go deeper in the issue of finding the right playlist, stimulating also the listening, you will listen to songs differently when you listen to them thinking about what fits and what doesn’t, more than what do i like and what don’t I like. :innocent: and when something like this at min 26:30 happens everything would be good again anyway: Mixcloud :blush:

2 Likes

Good :+1:t5: :relaxed: … so you can liten to our music beats and get inspired maybe : Spotify

1 Like

hi LIIX1, nice beats! I particullary liked Dis-Lui :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you :pray:t5: :relaxed::relaxed: Dis lui is one of the best song we’ve did

1 Like

yeah, wonderful song! where are you guys from?

Ivory Coast :cote_divoire: and you?

1 Like

I am from Germany, Meicheng is from China but we are both mainly based in Venice Italy, other musicians are from Germany, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Mongolia and so on, you’ll hear some of them in our next releases :slight_smile:

I’d really be interested in some playlists of contemporary african music, maybe you could suggest me one? hopefully with your music in!

Incredible! You’re the world or something like that :clap:t5::clap:t5: What a big super team group!

1 Like

Oh yes! Of course! You’ll find the best afro playlist on Spotify. Listen to ours; it’s a mini cocktail :tropical_drink: afro : Spotify

1 Like

haha, thaaaanx i’m already curious to hear your opinion on the new songs :blush:

1 Like

I’ll be very honored :relieved: … maybe we’ll collaborate together soon for make an amazing songs!

1 Like