Webinar in English | 18:00 CET | AMPLIFY with iMusician

Hey all, just a reminder that we have webinar in 20 minutes where you can find out more about the recent changes to iMusician - register now, we look forward to seeing you there!

Here’s the document to register for our high volume release program

Shout out to everyone who joined me and @Anna for our AMPLIFY webinar yesterday evening :rocket:

We fielded a bunch of questions from our community that I’m sure many of you will find valuable as you’re diving into our new AMPLIFY and AMPLIFY+ plans for your next release.

Here’s the replay in case you missed it or would like to run it back :memo:

2 Likes

If I am on AMPLIFY+ plan deliver my release to premium shops and than I downgrade to Free account, what will happen with my release? Will it gone from premium shops?

Hi @Omsun
It won’t be gone from the premium shop. Feel free to watch the webinar and send over more questions if necessary.

Hello:

I am sure I speak for most people here when I say that the new system is awful in comparison to the old Rockstar format. While I realize that there are costs involved in running your service, I’m sure that most of us would have gladly paid a higher price up front to keep the Rockstar format with zero commission, actual support available & the option to add services a la carte like Artist Hub Pro.

However, since I have no choice besides looking for another distributor, if I’m going to stay with iMusician I need some clarification on how the new monthly subscription would work for me.

I really only need the monthly subscription for when I release a new album/single/EP. I only need this to ensure that I can get an Artist Hub Pro page & have support sometime before next year if something goes wrong (and it will, judging from the history of myself & basically everybody from what I gather).

Let’s say for example that I want to release something on the 13th of the month. I need to give the shops at least 3 weeks generally to ensure time for pitching to playlists & features (when you actually deliver it correctly). I figure that when something goes wrong (again, because with your track record, it will), I will need a week to sort it out & actually get a reply from a live human.

So if I were to subscribe, for example, on March 15th. Would that monthly subscription be valid until April 15th, or would you actually lose the ‘premium’ benefits at the end of March? This is not clear.

Thank you for your response. For the sake of all of our sanity, & if you want to stay in business, please get the ship back in the right direction. Far too many of us have lost promotional time/money & playlist opportunities by your senseless delays.

Regards,

DJ Knetter Gek

1 Like

If it should be possible to reestablish rockstar it would be interesting to know at what price this could be possible. Still have to try amplify+ but having more options might be definitely interesting.

Hey @DJ_Knetter_Gek

We understand that this is a huge change and that some customers are upset the way in which it was communicated - looking back, we wouldn’t do the same again.

We made this change in the full knowledge that the vast majority of our customers will actually pay iMusician less over their lifetime. For those that would pay more, they can cap their commission at €100 (or equivalent currency).

No other (major) distributor allows this. Your release is online forever (unlike Distrokid (29$ per single for the “legacy” that’s not really a thing unless you die) or Tunecore - both have extra fees for this and that) and you can opt to cap your commission (CDBaby charges you 9% commission with no option to cap it). So we were trying to offer the best of both worlds, lower releasing costs and commission caps. We’re also building more features in so that the value of a subscription increases.

We haven’t taken away support - it’s here on the community and is answered by real live humans but I do understand that people feel it is a downgrade. We felt it would be an upgrade (but we might be wrong) and we will work continuously to improve this, for some things the community can help but we’re also now seeing places where we may need to change this.

As for our “track record” - it is definitely something we want to improve and we’re actively working to achieve 99% “on-time” releasing & improving the accuracy of our releases.

So - to answer your question:

A subscription taken on March 15th would end April 14th. And the following will happen on April 15th:

• Your release will be released with all of the options you chose at the point of ordering. e.g. if you ordered on AMPLIFY you can include Apple Music, this option would persist, we do not change the release / release options once it is ordered.
  • Your Artist Hub will downgrade to the Free Version, meaning pre-saves will not be available, branding would be added and you will loose access to being able to create customer links.
  • Support will be offered via the Community - however, we’re committed to our customers so we’ll do what is necessary to ensure that your release is online and correct.

Please let me know if I can clarify anything further?

1 Like

@SimonG

Thank you for your reply.

I still feel like there needs to be a Rockstar style plan. I’m sure most of us would be happy to pay a lifetime release fee to have no commission & forever Artist Hub Pro like before.

If I am understanding you correctly: If I release under Amplify with Beatport, my Artist Hub will allow creation of a link with this shop added to it. But if I cancel the subscription, my Artist Hub will no longer have the link to Beatport?

If this is the case, that is horrible. Surely you can make a one-time fee, permanent Artist Hub link like before. The only reason I even want to use Amplify is to get that custom link for my release. So you are saying I have to pay nearly 100 Euros a year for the ability to keep my custom shop link Artist Hub?

@SimonG

Can you clarify? Let’s say I set up Amplify & made an Artist Pro release with custom links to Beatport, for example. Are you saying that if I then cancel the subscription, my Artist Hub will not show the link to Beatport any longer? Or or you simply saying that any further ability to make custom smart links for releases would disappear until I re-subscribe?

Please clarify.

Regards,

-DJ KG

Hey @DJ_Knetter_Gek

To clarify on the period: the subscription is on a full month, if you subscribe today (14.03.2023), the renewal date is 14.04.2023.

Also, thanks for your feedback on the general topic!

@JJ_JJ @SimonG

Can you clarify? Let’s say I set up Amplify & made an Artist Pro release with custom links to Beatport, for example. Are you saying that if I then cancel the subscription, my Artist Hub will not show the link to Beatport any longer? Or or you simply saying that any further ability to make custom smart links for releases would disappear until I re-subscribe?

Please clarify.

Regards,

-DJ KG

@DJ_Knetter_Gek
It will show the link to Beatport.

If you were a AMPLIFY or AMPLIFY+ subscriber and downgrade:
Your Artist Hub Pro (if AMPLIFY) or Artist Hub Pro+ (if AMPLIFY+) will be downgraded to a Artist Hub Free (so you ‘only’ get the release tab with the shop links, including Beatport).
What you’ll lose: the Artist tab, Tour tab and Press tab.

I hope that makes sense - otherwise feel free to comment here again.

1 Like

Thank you for the clarification, Jordan.