Audio upload - sample rate and distribution question

Just subscribed to Amplify+. I noticed I can upload hi-resolution audio (96k, 24 bit). I didn’t see any info about this in the FAQ, so I figured I’d post here with a few questions:

• What is the optimal sample-rate and bit-depth to upload audio on the iMusician platform for acceptance at the highest number of streaming services?

• Do all streaming services accept audio in a higher resolution format?

• Would each streaming service do their own sample-rate and bit-depth conversion if I uploaded hi-res audio?

Thanks for any help/guidance you may have!

Hey @otaylor
There was this information in this FAQ: What do I need to release and distribute my music with iMusician? | iMusician

We only accept WAV files, 44.1 - 88.2 - 96 kHz, 16 - 24 bit.

The best is to upload your release with your hi-res audio files so we can deliver them as is to the ones that provides Hi-res i.e Tidal, Qobuz, etc and the other shops will compress it depending on the subscription of the user (Freemium or Premium). There is usually information about this in the shop’s FAQ for example here for Spotify: Audio quality - Spotify

I hope that helps a bit.

1 Like

Thanks @JJ_JJ! Sorry I missed that in the FAQ - guess I didn’t dig deep enough. I appreciate your informative and quick response.

1 Like

@otaylor all good! If you have more questions, you know where we are :slight_smile: