Beatport Exclusive

Hi All, Just wanted to check what I need to do when releasing a track as a Beatport exclusive, Providing (obviously) that I selected Beatport as the only store and select that the track has not been previous released, then is that is all that’s needed to be done in delivery?

1 Like

Hey Milla,

Thanks for interacting in our community :smiley:

That’s correct! Selecting only Beatport as platform and confirming that the track has not been previously released is all you need.

In addition, you can also distribute it to the other platforms after the 14 days required by Beatport Exclusive. In this case, you just need to request it to our Support Team and pay the $10 redelivery fee.

Best,

Cayo

3 Likes

Just adding to this post to confirm exactly what can happen

this was posted by @electro-mc here: Music Promotion - What works for you? [MegaPost] - #16 by Milla-Cristie

"so just to clarify, when in delivery I would select the “Regular” Plan but only select Beatport as the only shop then the allowed services that beatport specify (I put their list below)
say spotify then this would qualify for a voucher?

This taken from Beatport website,

Allowed
Amazon Music Streaming Services

Apple Music

Deezer

Google Play Music

Spotify

Youtube

Vinyl Distribution

All streaming platforms that do not have a DJ integrations functionality

Soundcloud Premieres/Previews
we ask that we are the only download store with the release. Streaming platforms are ok."

I’ll let @Cayo and @Maurizio give concrete responses (yeah, the marketing team only deal with the pretty pictures stuff :sweat_smile:, our Operations team have to actually make things work properly :smiley: )

2 Likes

Hey @electro-mc,

Thanks for your message and for being an active community member!

Please let me sync up with our EDM expert, and I’ll get back to you in the next few hours :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello @electro-mc,

thanks a lot for your patience.

The exclusivity is currently supported by iTunes, Beatport, Traxsource and Juno Download.

Beatport Exclusive also works if Beatport is the only download store (I.e. streaming stores can also be supplied and it can still be Beatport Exclusive).

After the exclusive period is over, the mark/tag will be automatically removed by Beatport.

Thanks for giving us the opportunity to fill this gap, these info will be soon added to our FAQ section!

Have a great weekend! I hope this cleared out all your doubts. If not, count on us :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi guys, I have a question to sum all of this up.

So as far as I understand, when submitting a new release, If I select all available stores apart from iTunes, Traxsource and Juno Download, the release automatically goes through as a beatport exclusive? Or do I have to e-mail you guys each time to make it an exclusive?

Thanks in advance.

Hello @Debreu

thank you for your message.

@Carlos from the iMusician Team will get back to you next week. There is no work on weekends.

Best,

Hi @Debreu When I did a exclusive with Beatport I had to notify The team at IM just selecting the store as the only download store won’t activate a exclusive.

3 Likes

Hey hey, confirming what @electro-mc said! We would need an email from you @Debreu because additional information are required! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

okay thanks everyone, messaged for my upcoming release and will message about another one that i’m submitting tonight :slight_smile:

2 Likes