Can you remove my release on a single platform?

In Apple Music, my name is associated with the music, but I don’t want that.
The other platforms like Spotify and Youtube only display my artist name which is good.

Can you remove my name on Apple Music? I don’t mind if you remove my entire release on Apple music. Just keep my release in Spotify.

Thank you

2 Likes

Hello @hoai_tri

Thanks for your message.

Can you please provide the barcode (EAN number) of the release.

Best,

1 Like

EAN 4061798580248

2 Likes

Thanks!

@Maurizio will get back to you shortly.

Best,

1 Like

Hi @hoai_tri, could you please explain what are you referring to? I checked your release online on Apple Music (‎Musik de Defonceman - Album di Winchester & Groovy Moose - Apple Music) and I see the artist names were created.

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks a lot @hoai_tri for clarifying. However, this is a required information and it must be displayed with legal names. Also Spotify shows it if you check on credits.

Unfortunately, since almost 3/4 months, contributors must be entered with their legal names on the platforms.
Hope this helps and have a great day!

2 Likes

Thank you @Melani for your remark! It is helping me a lot to understand the informations about me release.

However, I don’t want that my name is associated with my music on Apple Music. Can you remove my release from Apple Music?

I don’t mind if you keep my release on Spotify.

Thank you!

1 Like

Hi @Melani ,

I come back to you about my last request.

As a reminder, my request concerns the deletion of my music on Apple Music. Did you manage to do it?

Thank you

Hello @hoai_tri, modifications after the release is online can only be requested by AMPLIFY+ customers. At this point, we can remove your release from Apple Music.

2 Likes

Hello @Melani ,

Thank you for your response regarding my request to remove my music from Apple Music. However, I would like to clarify the situation based on Swiss data protection laws (where I live).

Under the Swiss Federal Data Protection Act (DPA), every individual has the right to control their personal data. In my case, my name and surname, which are personal data as defined by the DPA, appear in association with my music on Apple Music, which was not my intention. The reason why I only target Apple Music is that this is the only music platform we see appearing when you google my name.

I understand your policy regarding AMPLIFY+ customers, but my request is not based on a value-added service or subscription, but rather on a fundamental right related to the protection of my personal data. The presence of my name and surname on a specific public platform without my consent constitutes a violation of my rights under the DPA.

Therefore, I kindly request that you proceed with the removal of my music from Apple Music, in compliance with the rights granted to me by Swiss data protection law. This action should not be conditioned by a paid subscription, as it is a matter of legal compliance and not an additional service.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation in this matter. If needed, I am ready to provide additional information or to initiate necessary procedures with the competent authorities to ensure my rights are respected.

Best regards,

1 Like

Hello @hoai_tri, thanks for your patience! I understand what you are referring to and despite the protection law, shops are now requesting legal names for contributors. This is actually something on place since almost October 2023. Please note that your artist name is not affected by this rule but only contributors. As far as I know, such information is also visible only if an user is interested in knowing the credits of a track.

If you search your release on Spotify and click on the dots on the right side > Show Credits, you will also see the same there.
Have you tried?

After saying that, how would you like to proceed? Thanks in advance

2 Likes

Hello @Melani. Thank you for your explanation and for addressing my concerns. However, it seems there might be a misunderstanding regarding the specific issue I am facing.

Like I said, the main problem is that when my legal name is Googled, it leads directly to my music on Apple Music, where my name is publicly associated with the tracks as “Composition and lyrics”. This particular association on Apple Music is causing me concern, especially since this does not happen with other platforms like Spotify. My primary goal is to ensure that my legal name is not publicly (in the Google Search Engine) linked to my music in this way.

To address this issue, I kindly request the removal of my music specifically from Apple Music. This action seems to be the most straightforward solution to prevent my legal name from being linked to the music on this platform. I would like to remind you that under the Swiss DPA, I have the right to control how my personal data, including my legal name, is used and displayed publicly.

I appreciate your assistance and understanding in this matter. I look forward to your response on how we can proceed with this request.

Thank you in advance,

1 Like

Hello @hoai_tri, I sent you a DM :slight_smile:

2 Likes