Change Release Artist

Would it be possible to change a various artists release to one with just a main artist? If it means changing the other artists to featured artists, could you do that for me?

hi @BCRecordsHK , Not sure what you mean, maybe you can post the EAN barcode? Generally speaking it is not possible to change the artist name of a release, to do that you would need to take it down and release it again with the correct artist name, but let’s see if @Melani has some hints for you :v:

2 Likes

May I post it privately?

1 Like

Ean Barcodes are public data so no problems with posting them, differently to ISRC codes which should be kept private, but let’s see what @Melani says :v:

2 Likes

Gotcha, the EAN is 4061798482115. It’s released as “Various Artists”, which I want changed if possible. But if not, that’s totally fine.

1 Like

Hello everyone :slight_smile:

@BCRecordsHK, I checked your release and I see more than 3 artists are displayed and main artists. Therefore, the online shops categorize the release as with various artists. At this point, since the changes would be quite substantial and modifications are only possible to AMPLIFY+ artists, I would suggest yoi to take it down and recreate it.

These are the instructions: How to take down a release or deactivate the Content ID? | iMusician

Kudos for your music and wishing you a great day!

All the best,

3 Likes

Thank you! So if I upgrade to AMPLIFY+ then such modifications will be possible?

2 Likes

Yes from our side @BCRecordsHK . However, per experience with an artist doing Jazz, we noticed that unfortunately shops might still define it as a Compilation, even though the Various Artists will be not displayed.

So this up to you :slight_smile: hope this explains and all the best!

3 Likes

Gotcha! I’ll consider upgrading then, as long as the release won’t display Various Artists on shops after the change. Thank you for your help.

3 Likes