Different audio formats

Any plans of introducing the possibility of uploading different audio formats depending on the streaming service? e.g. for Tidal: MQA, Apple music: mastered for iTunes,…
Those things should be included in the AMPLIFY plan.

1 Like

In short… yes… details tbc.

We have quite a backlog of features we want to release in the next couple of months and we will involve the community in which are the priorities for you all.

Let us know below which of the formats would help you best

Absolutely Dolby Atmos, first of all…! So the ability to provide 32bit masters would be interesting but I don’t think any platform supports them yet. As for TIDAL’s MQA, I’m afraid the issue is quite complex. Apple Digital Masters already works flawlessly, since 6/7 years at least. Keep up the good job, iM! :love_you_gesture:t4:

2 Likes

Hi, I’m planning to release an album including dolby atmos version. When is gonna be available this option on imusician? I’m PRO Unlimited user, and don’t want to expend more money or move my albums to another distributor. Thanks.

Hello @e-soundtrax,

We are working on it, Dolby Atmos is becoming more and more frequent on the music platforms indeed! For the moment, we are only able to do it manually, with the audio file received via e-mail. Hope we can make it automatic in the near future but hang tight! :slight_smile:

Hello @e-soundtrax,

Just wanted to drop a little update in this regard.
We decided to temporarily stop the delivery of Dolby Atmos audio files, while we are working on making this process as smooth as possible for both our artists and our internal Delivery team. We will keep you posted.
Thanks for your understanding :heart_hands: