Fresh Release Fridays 🎧

New Single “Dimension” OUT NOW! Amazing EDM/Dance Song. :sunglasses: :partying_face:

1 Like

Loving this one @cantheproducer :clinking_glasses:

Gives me that main-stage festival energy, great way to kickstart the week!

1 Like

Thanks! :sunglasses: Next EDM Single coming in two weeks, and two more late this year. All Tracks are unfinished Projects from 2015-2016. I finished producing them in 2022, and already submitted this song to the “i’M Electronic” Playlist. :clap: :+1: :partying_face:

2 Likes

Hey guys, I just released a new song titled Memory of a Lament.
It’s based on an old Romanian Lament. We plan making an entire album based on old laments, doinas and songs. What do you think?

Cheers

2 Likes

New EDM Single „Raise“ OUT NOW! :tada::champagne:

4 Likes

Oh, that gives the song a very chilled vibe. I like that. Good work!

Is it easier to publish your own remixes on YouTube? I thought you needed the rights here too. I’ve made so many remixes in the past but never dared to release them anywhere.

Cheers, Henrik.

1 Like

Hi Henrik,

Thanks for your feedback.

You don’t need permission on YouTube for something I’ve done. Many producers cover well known songs and upload them to YouTube.

Where you definitely need permission is if the Remix is ​​going to be released on Spotify etc. I have not received any feedback from Eiffel 65 or their Management.

I can recommend the video by @Nicholas . There it is explained what a remix, a cover is, and what is allowed and how.

4 Likes

Thanks for your kind reply. This is indeed a very interesting topic and the video was very helpful.

1 Like

Let me know if you have any other questions about releasing your remixes @rikwater, here to help :wink:

Would love to hear what you’ve been working on

@cantheproducer on a roll with the releases :fire: since you’ve already submitted to our Spotify playlists, check out our list of other indie EDM playlist curators - think ‘Raise’ would be a perfect fit for a couple on there

3 Likes

Thanks for the link. Yes, I submitted the summer single “Good Feeling” and the EDM Single “Dimension” for the i’M Electronic Playlist. These singles have not been included in any playlists. Maybe not good enough? Or just not suitable for the playlist?. I’m going to submit “Raise” now. :sunglasses: :+1: :partying_face:

Hi Nicholas. Last year for example I made my own remixes of some Madonna songs. I composed entirely new tracks, added basslines, melodies and violins, and then added the previously extracted original vocals and parts from the original. Just like you hear it on a lot of official remixes these days. And then I said to myself: Okay, if you would release this (on YouTube), you might get in trouble with Madonnas Label - so only my close friends have heard these remixes so far.
Another thing I did in the past was to edit classic 80s Pop/Disco/Funk-Songs in order to form extended versions of them. In that case I took the original short version and put it together differently so that there will be instrumental parts in the middle and stuff.

Love me some Madonna remixes :headphones:

Unfortunately yes there’s a good chance that if you upload those remixes to YouTube via your personal channel they will get flagged for copyright and taken down since Madonna is on a major label and they tend be pretty hawkish around copyright. Remixes of smaller underground artists are much easier to clear.

That said, there are TONS of ‘unofficial’ or ‘bootleg’ remixes on YouTube - like this - or this that has even been pressed to vinyl as a bootleg compilation - both of which are infringing on copyrights and have either been claimed by the label (who gets all the ad revenue generated), have skirted by because they are not monetized with ads, or the label decided to look the other way for some reason.

Honestly a bit of a grey area on YouTube, same for SoundCloud (even tho they have a strict policy) as long as your not attempting to monetize the edit, remix, or cover. Adding your tracks to a larger mix is another way to get them out there on SoundCloud.

Essentially if there’s any intent to monetize the infringing content, you’re going to get flagged immediately but if you’re uploading on a small channel for exposure there are plenty of examples of people skirting by…

Just my two cents :handshake:

2 Likes

Lightyear out now :earth_africa::earth_americas::earth_asia:

A2D

1 Like

Hi Nicholas,

I’ve just finished my fan remix of ABBA’s “Don’t Shut Me Down”. When I saw that there are several fan remixes online on YouTube, I decided to also upload my remix.

During the process, there was a notice from YouTube: This is copyrighted content, but the copyright owner allows this content to be used on YouTube. I was then asked to confirm that I did not object and was then able to upload it. There is no monetization - and if so, all royalties would go to ABBA or their label.

That seems like a good solution to me: my remix gets heard without me generating any income from it. At the same time, the rights of the authors are protected.

If you like to have a listen:
ABBA - Don’t Shut Me Down (Rikwater’s Love & Hope Remix)

1 Like

Nice one @rikwater! :boom:

Solid workaround and an excellent tool for exposure!

As you saw some copyright owners - in this case ABBA and Universal Music (found this on Songview) - allow for their content to be used in this fashion. That said, they still have the right to request a takedown at any time but good move adding a little disclaimer about your remix in the description - seems to be common practice on YouTube when using copyrighted content like this.

I’d suggest adding a link to your original music in the description too so new fans can find your other music :wink:

Keen to see how this performs! :chart_with_upwards_trend:

3 Likes

Hi Nicholas,

thanks for the additional information and your suggestion with the links - good idea! I just added that. :grinning:

Cheers, Henrik.

New Single “Palm” OUT NOW on Spotify! Inspired by Martin Garrix :sunglasses: :partying_face:

:arrow_right: CAN MUSIC - Palm

1 Like

LIIX Spotify

1 Like

New Single “Boom” OUT NOW on Spotify! Merry Christmas Everyone :christmas_tree:

Nice drop there!!! Merry Christmas!

1 Like