How to get an OAC to connect the own YouTube channel with the Topic channel?

Hi there,

I have a private Youtube Channel, but all my releases through iMusician are uploaded to an automatically generated Topic Channel. I thought it should be possible to create an Official Artist Channel and then the Topic Channel should be combined with my private one. But how is this possible? And also, how can I get access to the topic channel to customize it (e.g. activate comments for videos, change profile picture,…)

Thanks for the help!

1 Like

Hello @MathiasWehr

Thanks for your message.

@Carlos will get back to you shortly. You can expect an answer next week. No one from the Team works on weekends.

Best,

3 Likes

Hey @MathiasWehr,

1. To request an Official Artist Channel, please refer to this article.
  2. Unfortunately Topic channels cannot be logged into and personalized as they are auto-generated.

Best,

2 Likes

Hi Carlos,

the Topic channel is is competing with my own official youtube channel.
I’d like for my “Lowly Light - Topic” channel to be removed.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCS6CduZeftfluwtBmbG9j2A

Can you pls assist or let me know how I can go about removing it?
Appreciate it,
Matt

1 Like

Hello @MG83

Thanks for your message.

@Carlos will get back to you next week. No one from the Team works on weekends.

Best,

2 Likes

Hey @MG83,

Can you please provide the link to your official artist channel ?

2 Likes

hi @Carlos
here it is:
https://www.youtube.com/@lowlylight

1 Like

Hey @MG83,

That’s a personal channel, not an official one.

The Topic channel is auto-generated by YouTube to host your official releases (and earn you some revenue through ad placements) and you have the option of merging this Topic channel to your personal channel into an Official Artist Channel.

If, however, you really want to get rid of the Topic channel immediately, we could takedown the release from YouTube… Is that what you want ?

2 Likes

Hi @Carlos
Appreciate the clarification. I’d like to merge the two.

2 Likes

@MG83 then you can refer to this article and submit your request to YouTube by filling the form at the bottom of the page :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Got it! Appreciate the help @Carlos

3 Likes