How to get the release bit to work with a new account and updating tracks for a previous release

Dear Community
For some odd reason (perhaps the fact that I have uploaded new tracks for my first EP at Imusician and changed my subscription into an Amplify+ account with my own label, Kasch Music) I have a problem releasing my new album, Poetic Jazz Piano Volume 2. Tracks and art work appear to be okay.

Is there anything to be done?
Looking forward to your response.

Thanks in advance

Best wishes

Henrik Kasch

1 Like

hi @Henrik.Kasch , I’m tagging @Carlos and @Melani from the Team to help you with this . Please expect an answer starting from Thursday as there is a Public Holiday today :v:

3 Likes

Hey @Henrik.Kasch, since you’ve selected some track for Content ID monetization, you must confirm that you’ve read YouTube’s eligibility guidelines in order to finalize your order:

2 Likes

Thanks a bunch!
Carlos is always a fantastic help:)

1 Like

Dear Carlos
I just tried that and a few other things, but I still can find my way out of the problem. I hope that you could just help once more.

Thanks in advance

Best wishes and warmest regards

Henrik

1 Like

Dear @Carlos
Unfortunately, your solution did not do the trick.
I hope you can still help.

Warmest regards

Henrik

1 Like

Hey @Henrik.Kasch,

You’re trying to reupload tracks that are already stored in your library :point_down:

To solve this issue, please clean up your tracks library by deleting all duplicates and then use the “Add from library” button to add the tracks to your release.

1 Like

Only I cannot seem to clean up and remove tracks from my library.

Would it be better to cancel my subscription from iMusician since the GUI is so little user-friendly?

Warmest regards

Henrik

Dear Carlos
The above presentation was not a complete picture:
Certain tracks have their DeletecTrack functionality disabled (amongst them both pre-release and delivered tracks). Others enable deletion, but the process seems to go on for several minutes just like stalling under gentle degradation. I take it that much more professional track-handling tools could be developed such as a dialogue-box-enabled GUI asking the user to replace previous uploads of the same upload now that deleting tracks appears to be virtually disabled. Amplify+ users appear to be presented with an impression of easy access to changing tracks, the falsehood of which impression may put them in a stalemate or Kafka-esque position.

So may not be true that deletion functionalities are even theoretically disabled, but they appear to virtually be so.

On these grounds, the logical inference seems to be that my second release will be virtually impossible.

If it isn’t, please let me know.

All the best

Henrik

1 Like

@Henrik.Kasch don’t panic please, it only takes 2 clicks to delete a track :point_down:

delete duplicate track

Please take the time to do this for all the tracks in your library that:

• have no audio file attached to them,
  • have no ISRC code attached to them,
  • are not assigned to a release

It’s just a matter of keeping your library tidy, then you’ll be able to finalize your release :slight_smile:

Best,

1 Like

Thanks for the screencast🙂

Unfortunately, it is the very same moves that I hace tried again and again. Only the (pen)ultimate phase meant to illustrate deleting taking place never stops apparently (if indeed the trash can functionality is enabled). Tried the same steps this morning and waited 5 minutes for the deletion process window with its little wavy applet to finish. It did not. So now I have tried the steps in your video (without the deletion process window finishing) on my laptop (6 times minimally) and once this morning on my smartphone. Since I do not experience simular problems when uploading (as suggested by the legion of files in my library), I am a bit worried.

Perhaps, there is a backend problem for your programmers to tackle, as my empirical data suggest.

Please let me know if have other (/any) options other than to relinquish my second release.

All the best

Henrik

Dear Carlos
A further experiment:
EDIT - trash can icon activated - screen showing ‘1 track selected’ and wavy applet doing its repetitive moves going on 21 minutes and still counting…

Is deleting one track to take 100 minutes, 1000 minutes, a year or a lightyear? or what is a realistic expectation?

My guess is that there is a backend problem here.

All the best

Henrik Kasch, PhD

1 Like

Hello @Henrik.Kasch

@Melani or @Maurizio will get back to you shortly.

Best,

1 Like

Thanks🙂

2 Likes

Dear Canthe

I am looking forward to getting help on the apparently dysfunctional deleting functionality, dysfunctonal for members that is.

Have a nice day🙂

Best wishes🙂

Henrik

1 Like

Hi @Henrik.Kasch, could you please send us a screencast (as Carlos did) to show the issue? Please note that you are able to delete only the audio files but not the track.

This means that the track will remain without audio file.

Awaiting for your response and all the best,

2 Likes

Dear @Melani

Here is a screencast of my attempt to delete a track, describing exactly what I have previously explained to Carlos. Only your chatting service does not accept mp4 files, but here is a link
Trying to delete a track (If this link is corrupt or not working, there is one at the bottom of my response)

showing how I go to a track, press the Edit button and the Dustbin button and wait for seven minutes after which I stop the recording.

I hope that the situation can be some how remedied, as I need to remove all duplicates of tracks for my next release. And they are legion, unfortunately.

Best wishes and warmest regards

Henrik

Trying to delete a track

2 Likes

Thanks for kind reply yesterday morning on the take-down procedures. Melani🙂

Looking forward to your answer on how to deal with track deletion problems.

Thanks in advance and all the best

Here is the screencast showing that the deletion stage just goes on and on.

Henrik

1 Like

Okay

I found out that the (sound) wave never stopped in spite of track having been deleted.

Please forget all about previous correspondence except that it is nice to know that deletion is carried out swiftly and the sound wave applet’s motion is a bit misleading for the user.

All the best and have a good one

Henrik

2 Likes