Is pricing valid for all the shops inc Idagio and apple music classic?

Dear community,

Do I understand correctly that the official pricing includes the distribution on all the shops? I.e. being amplify plus member and paying annual fee, I can place my music on Spotify, apple music etc without any further charges (except one time release fee)? Are Idagio and Apple music classic included here?

Many thanks for you feedback.
Neoclassic
2024-01-13T23:00:00Z

2 Likes

Hello @Neoclassic I’m a moderator of iMusician I will do my best to answer you,

Yes all the shops are foreseen in Amplify excep music classic you need Amplify+ (except one time release fee).

I tag @Maurizio and @Carlos from iMusician support to give you feedback.

A2D

4 Likes

Hey @Neoclassic,

You can refer to this page if you need a better understanding of our pricing system.

If you release classical music then yes, IDAGIO and Apple Music Classic are included in the platforms you can distribute your music to :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi Carlos, to begin with, I plan to distribute two different Albums (one of them is an opera) and I am not sure about the right platform to choose and whether one of them or even both belong to classical music or not. May I share a link to both albums here so that you could share you view from your experience what is best to do in my case?

Many thanks,
Neoclassic

1 Like

Hello @Neoclassic

Thanks for your message.

@Carlos will get back to you shortly.

Best,

1 Like

Hey @Neoclassic,

In any case - regardless of the genre of your release - you can select “all platforms” for the distribution of your release. This is good for both visibility and to avoid having to pick & choose specific platforms.

The only difference is that, in the case of classical music (opera would fall into this category), you can have access to specialized platforms such as Apple Classical Music and IDAGIO.

Our Quality Assurance team will review your release when you submit it to us, so if the genre doesn’t fit, they will let you know about this :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi Carlos, many thanks for your reply, everything is clear. One more question: The name of the author as well as the original song titles are in cyrillic - do I have any option also to add the author name and the song titles in Latin letters?

Best,
Neoclassic

1 Like

Hey @Neoclassic,

We can make a localization for your release, so bascially the titles will appear in latin letters in all countries that use this alphabet and in cyrillic in all countries that use this alphabet.

To do so, you must provide us with both the cyrilic and latin version of each title. For the names, just stick to cyrilic (we cannot localize contributors names).

3 Likes

I see. The localisation as you describe would limit me for example being in Switzerland find the song or the artist in Cyrillic, right? OR would I still be able to enter Cyrillic letters in the search and see the Artist name in latin letters?

I just double checked: I am based in Zurich and entering in spotify search field an artist in both - Cyrillic and latin letters, get to the artist profile in latin letters or in Cyrillic depending on the artist. Is it something we can do as well? The spotify profile of “MORGENSHTERN” is such example: I am able to find him entering cyrillic letters and get to the Latin letter profile.

1 Like

@Neoclassic,

With the localization, your titles will appear in cyrillic characters for Russia, Ukraine, Bulgaria, etc. It will appear in latin characters for France, Switzerland, North America, etc.

You can also provide translations for Artist names, however this is not possible for Contributors (composer, lyricist, etc.).

2 Likes

Thanks. With the localization - would it be still possible being in Europe to search with cyrillic letters and get to the artist profile in cyrillic letters? Or to search in Cyrillic and get to the profile in Latin letters?
This issue with the language seems to be important to us

1 Like

Hey @Neoclassic,

I’ve seen cases where it’s possible for big artists who are signed in major labels, but in our case it’s:

• in Western Europe, North America, etc. = Latin letters only
  • in Russia, Ukraine, Bulgaria, etc. = Cyrillic letters only
3 Likes