ISNI instead of IPI for authors?

Hello, I’m uploading a track and I noticed that in the contributors details IPI has been replaced by ISNI, is IPI not needed anymore?

Thanks,

Marco

1 Like

Hey @theegg

It is not necessary anymore, I’ll get one of the team to provide more clarity as soon as possible.

Great name by the way, any tracks of yours we can listen to already?

1 Like

Thank you, much appreciated!

Yes, there’s already some stuff here :wink: Spotify

Loving that 80’s synth vibe, am listening to your “mixtape” right now and just Yup Yup Yup for each track! Gravity has it going tho - hitting the favourite on that one - is it an electric violin or?

Thanks! It’s a regular acoustic violin :violin:

Amazing!!

Looking forward to your next release, please please drop it on the Share your News section!

I will certainly do it!

1 Like

Hey @theegg,

Yes, the IPI number is no longer needed. As you might have noticed, we did our best to make the distribution process as smooth as possible, and since the IPI number is no longer required by the shops, we removed it.

And yep, you just got a new follower! Gravity is AMAZING :sunglasses: I’m listening to the other tracks and I love the way you managed to blend the acoustic violin into such brilliant synth vibes!

1 Like

Thank you Maurizio!

1 Like

Do you have the possibility to add ISNI on every account type? I do not see this function in the free version.

Hey @Sofie,
When you add a contributor, instead of First & Last names, you can choose ‘Artist Name’, add the artist name and valid. Then, you came go back on the Artist Name and it’ll show you this pop-up window where you can add the ISNI.

Thanks, great that you support the ISNI identifier.
Which distributors are using this data actually?

It’s mostly used by the collective societies to collect properly some of the neighbouring rights. Without this information, it still works. I think it’s just easier for them to connect the dots.

1 Like