Issues with Release

We are having issues releasing a142,857 and need assistance to push this through. We haven’t released this music on any other distribution platforms. There are a few tracks that may be using instrumentals that we have the right to use. I can forward the purchase agreement as verification if needed.

Also, the group name is Sacred Geometry. There is a track called ‘A Rhyme Called Quest’ that still shows the incorrect group name and I am unable to update.

2 Likes

Hello @Dagha

Thanks for your message.

@Carlos or @Melani will get back to you shortly.

Best,

2 Likes

Hey @Dagha,

I’ve corrected the artist name on the track “A Rhyme Called Quest”. However, there still some issues to address:

1. The track “Resist” is already online under a different artist name.

2. You haven’t attached your artist name to the correct Spotify profile;

3. Tracks 1, 2, 3, 7, 9, 10, 13 are not eligible for CID (they include non-exclusive beats);

4. You need to provide license agreements for all content that isn’t your own creation and that you’re trying to exploit commercially, as explained here.

Please get back to me via private message with all the required documents and more info regarding track n°1 being already online.

2 Likes

Thanks for the quick response, @Carlos.

1. I haven’t released this music on any other distribution platforms. ‘Resist’, along with others may be using instrumentals that we have the right to use. I can send the purchase agreements for each as verification of our rights to distribute this music.

2. We are a new group so we don’t have a Spotify profile. I am unable to update this and not sure why it’s still pointing to my individual artist page.

3. Ok. That makes sense. Can we take the monetization off?

4. Agreements are on their way.

• I also want to ensure that the album tracks are in the proper order. I am having issues saving the correct track listing. The tracks are as followed:
  1. Resist (Intro)
  2. 20/20
  3. Originators
  4. Figure 8
  5. First & Last
  6. Long Story Short
  7. Ying-Yang
  8. A Rhyme Called Quest
  9. Inception
  10. #7 Freestyle
  11. Wise Man Once Said
  12. 144,000
  13. Oracle
  14. Nefertiti’s Tomb
  15. 142,857
  16. Diligent Militant
1 Like

Hey @Dagha,

1. If your release contains non-exclusive content, you are required to provide valid license at the same time that you are submitting the release, as explained here. Please forward these documents to our legal department for verification.

2. Then we’ll ask Spotify to create a new profile once we deliver the release to them.

3. The monetizazion will be rejected (without a refund) for all tracks that are not eligible. This is explained in the CID submission for you had to confirm when placing the order:

1. Yep, we’re waiting for them. Again, you are supposed to provide those at the same time that you are submitting the release, not after.

2. That seems to match the tracklist that you’ve submitted to our team:

Best regards,

2 Likes