"Issues with your Label Registration" - Traxsource

Hi there, I apologize for creating so many topics recently, there’s just been a lot to follow up on and ask questions about ahead of my first two singles! I received an automated message stating there was an issue with my custom label registration for Traxsource. My first single doesn’t fall under House or Techno which likely triggered it.

That’s okay, I will have releases in 2024 that will fall under House. I’m hoping that in the future I could reapply to have my Jubilant Records label set up with Traxsource for one of those 2024 releases when the (release) time comes around.

In the meantime I’m happy to use iM Electronica for Traxsource, however, I want to keep Jubilant Records for all other platforms. If I create a new single for Traxsource only (with iM Electronica) I’m assuming you would waive the $9 single upload fee?

My second single ‘Galaxy Sub’ is a hip hop instrumental track. I selected Traxsource as a store and put Hip-Hop as the genre. The label was also set up as Jubilant Records on all platforms.

The same scenario will apply for that one too. Like my first song (above) I would be happy to release that on iM Electronica for Traxsource and keep all other platforms as Jubilant Records. Moving forward, how should I treat new single submissions (which aren’t house or techno) as I always want to put Jubilant Records as my label, however, I am happy to use iM Electronica just for Traxsource.

Thank you!

2 Likes

Hello @jamescurtis

@Melani will get back to you shortly.

Best,

3 Likes

Hey @jamescurtis

Short info for you. You can expect an answer from Monday. No one from the Team works at this time and on weekends.

Thank you for your patience and have a nice weekend :sunglasses: :v:

2 Likes

Thanks for the message @cantheproducer, have a great weekend to you and everyone on the team!

2 Likes

Hi @cantheproducer / @Melani, just checking in to see if there is an update on this.

Thank you,
James

2 Likes

Hey @jamescurtis

I just informed @Melani . She will contact you today or tomorrow.

Best,

3 Likes

Thanks @cantheproducer!

2 Likes

Hi @jamescurtis, I appreciated that you are willing to understand all the rules in the music game :slight_smile: In order to ensure a precise workflow for us, I would suggest you to keep one channel of communication.

The forum is intended for any artist with questions but since we are supporting with same inquiries on both channels, it is becoming a bit confused to be honest. Just wanted to share this to keep everyone working with the same pace :slight_smile:

Getting back to you, I see our label manager has provided you with an answer concerning your label that has been approved by Beatport (yey) but forwarded once again to Traxsource, fingers crossed!

Until you do not have the label approved on Traxsource, you would need to create 2 separate releases: 1. selecting Beatport and shops with the custom label and 2. selecting only Traxsource with free label from us.

Otherwise, you can leave out Traxsource and we can add the shop at a later stage, when the label will be approved (considering you are on an AMPLIFY+ plan).

2 Likes

thanks dear @cantheproducer !

2 Likes

Hi @Melani, I will make sure to keep future tickets/requests to the private help messages to keep it all in the one place :slight_smile:

Concerning this song and any future uploads to Traxsource which don’t fall under House/Techno, I would still want to use my custom label for all other platforms, and have it fall under iM Electronica for Traxsource (until the custom label is approved). Is there a way iMusician can accommodate this for me without me having to pay for twice for two single releases?

If not I will wait for now until the custom label is approved (which will probably be March 2024 when my first house/techno single is released). At which point we could go back and release this ‘Electro’ single under the custom label?

Thank you

1 Like

Thanks @jamescurtis for your kindness and understanding!

The approval of the custom label is required in order to deliver to Beatport and Traxsource. No matter which genre you select (among those supported by the mentioned shops), if the release includes the custom label, the latter must be approved. And as said, the solution would be to pay 2 releases or to make one including Traxsource. Once the custom label will be approved, you can reach out to us and ask for redelivery of your release on Traxsource. Hope this helps!

3 Likes

Hi @Melani, in that case I will wait for next year until the custom label is hopefully approved and then try and get this first single redelivered to Traxsource. Thanks!

3 Likes