Less than 1000 view

Could you tell me your policy regarding artists with less than 1000 views per month?

Some company has stopped their contract with those artists and now those artists have lost their music in the digital platform.

Thanks

Stéphanie

1 Like

hi Stéphanie, here is the spotify policy regarding songs that generate less than 1000 streams per year:

I personally don’t know about policies that regard artists with less than 1000 streams per month. But I’ll tag @Melani here to ask if she has more infos. As far as it regards iMusician they just pass over the revenues they receive from streaming companies. Hope that this is helpful, best, Andi :v:

2 Likes

Thanks for your answer.
It’s not that much about the revenue but more to be confirmed that the music distributed won’t disappear at some point if I work with Imusician. I had my 2 first albums that disappeared this month because Altafonte (Spanish distribution) unilaterally closed our contract for having less than 1000 streams per month.

If you could confirm that my music will always be online if I do the distribution with Imusician, I will be happy to work with you.

Thanks

2 Likes

hi @Cadel thanks for the clarification, I’m asking @Melani to come back to you about that :v:

2 Likes

Hello @Cadel, thanks for your inquiry! We are continuing to work with any independent artists, so no issue from our side.
This new royalty system is concerning the revenue that you can earn from your music but it is not preventing musicians from distributing their art :slight_smile:
So, we are looking forward to working with you! All the best

2 Likes