Localization, titles in cyrillic and latin letters

@Carlos
Dear Carlos, coming back to the localization issue, as you said, the below is possible:

• in Western Europe, North America, etc. = Latin letters only
  • in Russia, Ukraine, Bulgaria, etc. = Cyrillic letters only

I would love to go for this option. Could I also use for the western Europe, America in the title and the album name - both : 1)transliteration from the Cyrillic script into the Latin script and 2) english translation at the same time? Below couple of examples:

1. Zhertva / Sacrifice
  2. Pesnya Abelony / Abelona’s song
  3. Zhizni puti / Life’s paths

Regards,
Neoclassic

1 Like

Hello @Neoclassic

Thanks for your message.

@Carlos will get back to you shortly.

You can expect an answer next week. No one from the Team works on weekends.

Best,

2 Likes

Hey @Neoclassic,

No, unfortunately side-by-side translations are not accepted. Use only one language in each entry or localization please :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi Carlos,

Understood, thanks. I prefer localisation anyway and tend to transliterate the titles from Cyrillic to latin letters for US / European part. At the same time I would love to have somewhere translation into English. Is there any option to add the English translation (maybe not directly to the titles but in any other section?). In addition following question: is there any option to place the album twice - let`s say both with localisation: one with transliteration in latin letters and one with translation into English? The cost factor aside.

Many thanks for you support and patience)
Neoclassic

1 Like

Hello @Neoclassic

@Carlos will get back to you shortly.

Best,

2 Likes

Hey @Neoclassic,

The only possible option is to make a localisation so your titles are written in cyrillic and latin letters depending on the region. I understand that you woud like to add translations on top of that, but that’s unfortunately not allowed by the streaming platforms (you have to stick to one language for your titles).

Regarding your other question; no, you cannot distribute the same release twice with different metadata.

I would suggest not over-complicating this and simply go for the localization, what do you think? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you and yes, I just go for the simple localization now. I have just now subscribed for Amplify.
Where do I choose the localisation in the music distribution process? (Delivery-Release Traces - Extra features)? I did not see any option to enter the names in different languages (latin & Cyrillic letters).

Regards,
Neoclassic

1 Like

@Neoclassic, you can send us the titles in latin characters directly via e-mail and we’ll setup the localisation for you :slight_smile:

3 Likes