META platforms

I’ve been notified through DistroKid, the platform I used for music distribution, that META no longer accepts classical music content on their platforms. Does that mean I won’t be able to distribute classical music through you either? I also compose electronic music, so I’m wondering if that will be accepted on the META platforms?

1 Like

Hello @MirkoTopalski.Music

Thanks for your message.

@Carlos or @Melani will get back to you shortly.

Best,

3 Likes

Hey @MirkoTopalski.Music, that’s not entirely true actually. What is no longer accepted are Public Domain compositions, which generally applies to Classical Music. However, Contemporary Classical music (generally composed by people that are still alive) can still be distributed. This is still accepted and you can distribute it with us on META :slight_smile:

You can still distribute electronic music on META.

Best,

3 Likes

We asked them about uploading our electronic music, and this is what they replied :

Unfortunately, there’s nothing we can do to reverse the services’ decisions on things like this and you will not be able to upload future releases of any genre to META . Please note that services may choose to take down anything they deem ineligible on their end, and DistroKid is merely passing along the information in hopes that it may help prevent any further issues.

So I’m wondering if the same issue would occur if I were to do music distribution with you?? Thanks

1 Like

@MirkoTopalski.Music we cannot speak on behalf of Distrokid, but I can confirm that electronic music can be distributed with us on META.

2 Likes