Modalités de sortie d'album single par single

Bonjour,

N’ayant pas trouvé de réponses à mes questions dans votre FAQ, je me permets de poster ma problématique ici. Il s’agirait d’obtenir quelques renseignements à propos de ma prochaine sortie d’album sur votre plateforme de distribution.

En effet, je souhaiterais publier mon album avec une stratégie de sortie single par single.

Plus précisément, je souhaiterais sortir un single par mois pour un total de 5 singles avant de sortir l’album complet composé de 8 titres.

Si j’ai bien compris, ce fonctionnement n’est possible qu’avec l’option “volumes”, exclusivement disponible avec les abonnements AMPLIFY ou AMPLIFY+.
Pourriez-vous s’il-vous-plaît me renseigner sur les modalités de facturation pour ce type de sortie ?
Facturez-vous chaque single ainsi que l’album ou seulement l’album ?

Merci d’avance pour vos réponses,

Rafaël Dato

2 Likes

Hello @rafaeldato

Thanks for your message.

@Carlos will get back to you shortly.

Best,

3 Likes

Hey @rafaeldato, thanks for your message! Sounds like a good strategy and yes you can definitely go ahead with that and then create a new album or EP.
In order to see whether the total duration of tracks falls under the condition for an album, you can check it here:

You can buy a single, EP or album even in a FREE plan :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hello,
I have a similar question.
I would like to release an album, and I would like some songs to be available on the platforms some weeks before the album release. The goal is to let these tracks be on some playlists before the album release date.
Is this need covered by the “volumes” option ? Could you confirm I can just select the songs I want to be available 2 weeks before the album release, and that they will indeed be available on Spotify - and so on - before the album release date ?
Cheers

1 Like

Hello @MattLikembe, you can first release the singles and afterwards the album (without necessarily creating a volume).

Please find an useful article here:

Kudos for your music and wishing you a great day!

All the best,

3 Likes

Bonjour Melani,

Merci pour votre réponse.
Je connais déjà la différence de format entre un single, un EP et un album et j’ai déjà vérifié que la longueur de l’ensemble des titres correspondaient à une sortie d’album.
Ma question est plus précise que cela.
En fait, j’aimerais que les single publiés constituent l’album au fur et à mesure de la publication de manière à ne pas les publier deux fois et que les streams se concentrent sur un seul titre.
Je ne sais pas si c’est très clair mais si je publie le single puis l’album, cela va m’obliger à publier 2 fois chaque titre d’où l’intérêt de publier avec la fonction volume.
Ce que vous appelez la sortie en cascade je crois.
Pouvez-vous m’éclairer à ce sujet sur comment procéder et combien de titres seraient facturés (chaque single + l’album ou juste l’album et la fonctionnalité est comprise dans l’abonnement amplify ?)
Car avant de prendre l’abonnement amplify, j’ai besoin d’établir le budget que cela coûterait pour distribuer l’ensemble des morceaux avec la stratégie de sortie en cascade sur Imusician.

1 Like

Hi Melani,
Thanks for this article, very interesting to see the way I can link singles to make the final album.
Is the “volumes” another way to do the same ? Or what’s the use of these volumes ?
Cheers,

1 Like

Hello @rafaeldato and @MattLikembe :slight_smile:

Please note the most important thing: it is not possible to deliver on the same platforms the same music content, this would be a violation.
If you distribute releases containing singles with us, you can afterwards create an EP/Album with including those releases by keeping the same ISRC codes (therefore statistics).

Note that you shall pay for each release you create, therefore for each single and each EP/Album.
When comes to volumes, yes, you can create more than 1 volume if you are on an AMPLIFY/AMPLIFY+ plan: Can I add one or multiple volume(s) to my release? | iMusician

Volumes are a good strategy when you have releases containing more than 15 tracks but less than this number, it is not necessary. I hope this explains and all the best!

4 Likes

Thanks !

2 Likes