Multiple Main Artist Release on Streaming & Beatport

Following my last post @cantheproducer was kind enough to record a video for me explaining how I can release a track with me and another artist (already has a spotify page unrelated to iMusician) as main artists.

However he advised me to ask the community how it would work as he has not released on Beatport. My question is after I select ‘this artist has a profile’ and link the profiles for apple music and spotify (these are the two only options for external link in order to find artist profile), how may I ensure the release also shows up on the right profiles for both me and my contributor?

Also how can I set this types of release if say 1/4 tracks in an EP is a collaboration between me and another artists and the other 3/4 are just my tracks (I am the only main artist).

3 Likes

Hey @Debreu

@Carlos will get back to you shortly.

You can expect an answer next week.

Best,

2 Likes

Hey @Debreu,

1. Beatport doesn’t allow more than one artist to have the same name, therefore if your collaborator never released music there, a profile willl automatically be created for him/her. Thanks to this policy, Beatport doesn’t really make attribution errors.

2. Based on this ratio, the collaborator is just a guest, so the whole EP should be under your name only. You can put the other artist as a main artist (or feat., as you prefer) on the tracks where they collaborate with you, and you put yourself as a main artist on all the tracks of the EP.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi Carlos, thanks for your answer.

That answers all of my questions. One last question is when submitting a track for release, there is no place to provide a beatport link for the artist (if they are someone who already has releases there). Do you guys automatically find them from the links I have provided for apple music and spotify?

Have a nice weekend.

2 Likes

Hello @Debreu

@Carlos will get back to you shortly.

Best,

2 Likes

Hey @Debreu,

As I told you, Beatport doesn’t allow mutliple artists to share the same artist name, therefore your name is automatically linked to your profile (because you’re the only person allowed to use it) :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Okay, will report back on how it goes after I do a release.

3 Likes