New user, entered wrong label, how to change

Hi! I am new to iMusician and just signed up with a free plan which includes one iMusician label. I am preparing my first release. My artist name is my first and middle name. My iMusician label is currently set to my first, middle and last name (my civil name), but I would rather it use my artist name.

I have two questions… Is it possible/allowed to use my artist name (instead of civil name) in the iMusician label? And if so, how do I change my label since it is already with my civil name? Thank you! Best wishes :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @Liana , welcome to iMusician and to this Community! Let’s ask @Melani and @Maurizio if they can help you with this, please have a little patience as on Weekends there is no work, al the best, Andi

1 Like

Thank you Andi! and thank you for responding!
@Melani and @Maurizio, I thought of deleting my account and starting over with trying to choose my artist name when the label is created. Do you recommend this?
Have a great Sunday! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello @Andi , thanks for the tag and have a nice week!

So @Liana , very welcome to the iMusician fam :slight_smile:
Artist names can be any name you would like, it can also not have your legal names.
Concerning the label, the FREE plan allows you to use our free label which will have our branding iMusician I (the name you want).
Let me check if I can change it directly for you :slight_smile:

And, I hope you’ve seen it from the app but we have special summer promo lasting a few days more! You can save up to 30% to upgrade to an yearly plan, maybe better to check it out!

3 Likes

Hey @Liana again! Was very fast, I just changed into iMusician I Liana Michelle.

Enjoy your releases and looking forward to hearing them! Have a lovely week!

4 Likes

Thank you so much @Melani ! I looked and can see the change. I am glad I can use the artist name there. I will look into the upgrade too, thank you! I am happy to have found iMusician :slight_smile: Have a great week!

4 Likes

Thanks @Liana , wishing you a great week ahead! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Hi @Melani , could I ask you another question? I am the copyright owner for the artwork for my release. Do you know if I can use my artist name where it asks for “artwork copyright owner”, or is my legal/civil name required there? It would be clear in the context of the release that the artist name means me, since it is going along with the release. Thank you again! :slight_smile:

Hey @Liana

welcome to the community. :slight_smile: :v:

At this time nobody from the support team is working, but we community moderators can also help.

If you are the rights holder of the artwork, you can enter your artist name or your real name. There are no specifications or just one or the other.

I always use the name I know. This is sometimes the artist name of the artwork owner and sometimes the real name.

Best regards,

2 Likes

Thank you so much @cantheproducer ! Have a great week! :slight_smile: :sunny:

3 Likes