Payment error for upgrade and release

hi, since yesterday i cant pay my pending release and upgrade, everything works until the checkout: clicking the pay button doesnt have any effect, refreshing the site just starts the same error loop again. i use imusician since they exist, till the last release 2 month ago everything worked fine, my connected papyal is still the same, browser, system, etc no changes, internet connection perfect.

anybody else having the same issue? any help appreciated, fritz

2 Likes

Hello @Fritz17

Thanks for your message.

@Carlos will get back to you shortly.

Best,

3 Likes

Hello @Fritz17,

It appears that both your payments have been rejected by PayPal (you need to check with them why that is).

To reattempt the payment of your orders, go in the “Invoices” section of your iMusician dashboard:

If the payments fail again, you can just try with another payment method :slight_smile:

3 Likes

hi @Carlos,
thank you for the info! didnt think about that, cause all other payments with paypal still work fine, but i will check with paypal. fritz

hello @Carlos, UPDATE, i called paypal:
Everything is ok with my paypal, they also dont have any rejected payments and they say it could be a data transfer problem from your server to paypal. so I canceled the orders and tried again, still the same problem. the “bezahlen” button disappears shortly after clicking anf then appears again. as if nothing happend. please check if the problem is on imusician side. thx fritz

2 Likes

Hi! I’m also having this issue. Tried different browsers, cards and paypal, all fail silently, and card transaction is cancelled.
The pay button returns to normal, and the second try fails (because the payment went through, and is waiting for a confirmation that never happens, I think).
I can’t believe there’s no support for this kind of things. I spent hours setting up the release.

This is how it looks on firefox, btw:

And when clicking the second time, this is the error in console:

{"details":{"current_status":"PAYMENT_FAILED","required":["UNPAID","LEGACY_UNPAID","LEGACY_PENDING"],"_code":0,"message":"Action can only be performed when invoice status value is one of Unpaid, Legacy unpaid, Legacy pending. Currently it is Payment failed."},"status":"exception","should_retry":false}

So, the transaction is never confirmed.

Can somebody from imusician contact me? I can’t even pay the subscription you require to get support…

2 Likes

Hello @alumbra

Thanks for your message.

@Carlos will get back to you shortly.

Best,

2 Likes

yeah that really crazy, i also cant pay for the subscription to get support. so we´re going in circles here, and i guess many other clients have the same issue too atm . imusician should really address this problem asap!

Hey @Fritz17 & @alumbra, thanks for reporting this.

@Juan @Chris, can you guys take a look at this please ? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks for raising @Carlos :+1:

@Fritz17 Hello, and I’m sorry in advance for any inconvenience!
I was checking our logs for the attempts of payment you made with your Paypal and I believe to have found the reason behind the failures.
I see Paypal responding to us with a refusal reason such as “10201”, which means “The customer has canceled the existing billing agreement.”
It’s basically canceling the subscription within Paypal’s environment. Are you able to verify this on your Paypal dashboard, please?

1. Login onto your dashboard at Log in to your PayPal account and click on “settings”

2. Click on “Payment”

3. Click on “Automatic Payments”

4. Check if you have our company at your “Show Inactive”

If that is the case, there is no way we can do anything ourselves to make this right again, we need your action to be able to take payments from this same Payupal address again, otherwise, it’s like we would be “blocked” from doing so.

To correct this, you’d need to remove your Paypal as a payment method from iMusician dashboard, at iMusician, and then add it again when subscribing (or paying for a standalone release or another product).

I’d be more than happy to get some feedback from you in case this was the scenario and if it worked out :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@alumbra

I also verified the logs related to your attempts of payment and the situation is different.

I am not able to share the specific reason we see in our logs over here, due to privacy regulations, but I can say that all attempts have been rejected by the credit card issuer and therefore I would recommend you to either try a different payment method or to cross-check this feedback with the credit card issuer so they can help you on understanding why the card is not valid at the moment for such transactions.

I hope both situations can be sorted out and I apologize for not being able to “fix” them ourselves the issue is “outside” iMusician. What we do have to work on is providing better messaging in-app, when such failures occur, so our users can have a better understanding straight away. I will make sure to report this to our devs!

Have a great weekend, Feliz Navidad & Frohe Weihnachten !

3 Likes

hi @Juan many thanks for the information :pray:t3: i dont remember changing anything on paypal but i will definitely check my paypal settings. merry christmas :evergreen_tree::partying_face:

2 Likes

Hi @Juan

unfortunately the issue is bigger.
I’m unable to pay with any card, nor paypal.
Curious fact: I cannot even add cards as default payment methods on my account page.
My cards are working, I tried many, even the paypal button get;s stuck like when trying to pay with a card, without any feedback.
Can someone please reach us directly to help us with this issues?
Thank you.

Hey @alumbra,

Unfortunately this is not something we can assist you with as the rejection reasons are independant from our service. You need to check this directly with your credit card issuer so they can provide you an explanation regarding the rejections and hopefully clarify the situation.

Good luck and all the best for the New Year :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think that might have worked out @Carlos , I see a completed payment from @alumbra made yesterday for his release “Soy Más del Aire” :smiley:

2 Likes