Payments for YouTube monetization

Hello! I have a track which I submitted for monetization by Youtube Content ID using your service. On my YouTube channel when I use this track I get a copyright infringement notice. I have a few videos like that and all of them are monetized not by YouTube directly but through your service. But after more than 3 months in my personal account is still 0.00. How is it possible, because my videos have several thousand views (possibly more than 100 thousand) where my track is used, they are advertising, but I did not get a cent for it.

Hello, thanks for your message.

I’ll tag @Carlos to help you, but I think it’s too late for today’s work and there is no work on weekends. Please wait until Monday :pray:

2 Likes

Hello @den,

1. “I have a few videos like that and all of them are monetized not by YouTube directly but through your service”
    → this is explained here : YouTube: iMusician Owns The Copyright, Why? | iMusician

2. “But after more than 3 months in my personal account is still 0.00. How is it possible, because my videos have several thousand views (possibly more than 100 thousand) where my track is used, they are advertising, but I did not get a cent for it.”
    → You do not earn revenue based on the amount of views the video is getting but on the potential ad placements that YouTube places on it. Also, as a distributor we only receive the final numbers that are communicated to us by YouTube and we have no access to the detail of the monetizazion process. Therefore, if you haven’t perceived any revenue with this video, it simply means that YouTube has not provided us any revenue information.

Best,

I understand that your company owns the rights and that’s okay. But I can’t believe that I haven’t received a single cent from over 50,000 video views, and when I turn on these videos I’m shown ads. (I also asked my friends to watch the commercials and click a couple of times on the ads to experiment), even these actions should bring a couple dozen cents, but they do not. I use also other similar service for Content ID, I have added music protected by their rights to one of my video, so from 10 thousand views I have several dollars in my account. Why there is no such thing with your service I do not understand. Although I like the design and work with your service.

Perhaps the error with the transfer of the library after the update (I registered the track more than a year ago, when there was no subscriptions and other innovations)?

Hello @den,

I totally understand your frustration but again, as a distributor we cannot tell you why YouTube hasn’t sent us any revenue for these videos as we only receive the final numbers and they don’t communicate any detail regarding their calculations.

Also, the CID monetization has nothing to do with the library nor the passage to paid subscription as it is completely internal to YouTube.

Best,

Update: On July 13, I received a message that the payout report for the month of March is ready and I received a few dollars of income. Content id monetization works, but it takes a while to process (a little over 3 calendar months).

1 Like