Pourquoi ne peut-on pas choisir notre page artiste deezer lors de la distribution

bonjour, j’aurais voulu savoir si imusician prévoit rapidement faire en sorte que l’on puisse renseigner notre lien d’artiste deezer lors de la distribution (comme pour spotify et apple music) car à chaque fois mes titres sortent sur un un compte homonyme, il faut rectifier et cela prend du temps et surtout je ne peut pas faire la communication de la sortie comme il se doit, ca fausse les algorithmes des plateformes, ce n’est donc pas acceptable pour l’avenir et c’est vraiment dommage. merci de votre réponse.
cordialement.

hi @Dec unfortunately it can happen on all platforms that they mess the attribution up, and, as you said, it is quite a problem for us musicians as, yes, it can be fixed but it takes time. I am not sure if there is a way to reduce this risk also on deezer but I will tag @Melani and @Maurizio here who will surely be able to give us more insight into this :v:

2 Likes

Hello @Dec,

Thank you @Andi for your input. You are absolutely right; this is a shame. However, we can easily rectify this issue. Typically, we gather the artist ID for Spotify and iTunes/Apple Music, and most other platforms follow a similar pattern. Regrettably, we can only hope that other shops, like Deezer, select the correct profile.

We understand that this situation may be frustrating, but we assure you that we are committed to promptly correcting any artist attribution problems once you bring them to our attention.

Once the issue has been addressed and fixed, shops usually don’t make the same mistake for future releases. But, if that happens, you can count on us :slight_smile:

3 Likes

merci de votre réponse… je comprends que pour la première sortie, il puisse y avoir des erreurs (et encore, vu le nombre de gens à qui ça arrive je trouve ça fou), mais une fois que tout les liens ont été créé entre imusician et les pages artistes des différentes plateformes, je ne comprends pas… sinon cela veut dire qu’a chaque sortie on a ce risque la ?
A vrai dire cela ne me dérange pas pour l’instant car je suis un tout petit, mais pour l’avenir c’est impensable de rater les premières semaines de distribution à cause de cela. Et ce n’est pas à vous que je vais apprendre le fonctionnement des algorithmes des plateformes qui se basent essentiellement sur la première semaine…
Si c’est un problème interne à deezer, alors soit…
Mais ça n’empêche que je vais aller me renseigner pour voir si c’est le cas chez les autres distributeurs, même si je suis très bien chez imusician… Je trouve ce genre d’erreur vraiment impensable pour l’avenir…
Merci en tout cas de votre réactivité sur les problèmes et aussi de votre disponibilité.
cordialement.

1 Like

salut andi_zigon, aucun problème pour moi concernant spotify et apple music, avec qui je pense imusician a créé de solides liens, reste plus qu’ils fassent le même travail avec deezer maintenant :wink:
En réalité c’était la réponse que j’attendais en relevant ce problème récurant avec deezer…
Bonne continuation !!!

Hi Dec, I hope I understood you well and that you don’t currently have a publication assigned to the wrong profile, just to be sure, but that you experienced it several times in the past with Deezer. Unfortunately, it seems to be a common problem and can happen with different distributers, as you can see in the dedicated Deezer Forum: Song added to wrong artist page | Deezer Community, bringing music lovers together. But not only with Deezer. I think we can safely assume that it’s in everybody’s interest (and, of course, first of all, us musicians’) that these problems don’t happen or that they are solved in the fastest way possible. :v:

4 Likes

Thank you both for the engaging discussion.

Currently, Spotify and iTunes/Apple Music are the only platforms that follow this approach. Other shops simply follow their lead, but as you’ve experienced, that doesn’t always happen consistently.

Of course, labels may have dedicated communication channels with shops. As a distributor, we can only request a fix, but we are not responsible for preventing these issues from occurring.

However, as I mentioned, once an artist profile has been created on a shop, it is highly likely that another release from the same artist, distributed by the same distributor, will appear correctly on any other shop.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to let me know.

Wishing you a fantastic weekend ahead!

2 Likes