Single keeps selecting 'Express release' despite it being 4 weeks in advance

Hi there, I’m filling out the distribution fields for my first single. I’ve put the date as Friday 3rd November. Is it correct that it is including this date within the ‘Express release window’? I’m hoping to release it on that date but have it included as a standard delivery.

I thought four weeks was going to be enough time to be able to release it without an extra fee, and to have it pitched for Spotify playlists. Is it possibly because I’m a new user and this is my first release?

Thanks!
James

hi @jamescurtis , thats strange in fact, let’s ask @Carlos if he can take a look at this,
you can expect an answer starting from Monday :v:

3 Likes

Hey @jamescurtis,

The earliest release dates you can select are 25, 26 and 27 october, for which you would have to pay a Priority Delivery. Then 28.10 - 03.11 is within the Express Delivery option and beyond that it’s with Standard Delivery. In any case, the 2 weeks is added to the schedule by the dates that you see with an orange dot, which you cannot select.

If you wish to Pitch the release and have a Standard Delivery, I’d suggest selecting the 10.11.2023 instead of the 03.11.2023.

Best,

1 Like

Thanks @Carlos , I will do 10th Nov instead. For future releases if I wish to have them four weeks out should I start uploading them about 5-6 weeks in advance to be safe?

Lastly, let’s say I wanted to do a ‘surprise’ release and I didn’t care about the release date. Can you upload a track and not select a date, or do you always have to?

Thanks!

1 Like

Hey @jamescurtis,

Yes, it’s highly recommended to plan at least 4 weeks ahead for any kind of release (even without pitching), so if you want pitching 6 weeks in advance is good :slight_smile:

No, you always have to select a release date! More on this here: How to choose my release date? | iMusician

Best,

3 Likes

Thanks @Carlos, appreciate your responses on this!

James

3 Likes