Song copyrights?

Hello,

I would like to know and if it is possible to be certain, if when we publish a release on the platform, with the registration of the songs that appear in that release, copyright is covered and protected.

Thanks and greetings from Spain.

Hi, thank you for your message ! There is no work on weekends so please wait until next week for the staff to come back :pray:

2 Likes

hello eria

Let’s let the team rest this weekend, of course.
All the best!

2 Likes

Hello @Cone

A link with youtube videos from iMusician that could be interesting

Music Licensing: What You Need To Know As An Artist | iMusician

Until you receive the answer of the team after the week-end

All the best

3 Likes

THX! A2D, muy amable!

1 Like

Hello @Cone,

When you are distributing your music on streaming platforms, an identification code (ISRC) is created and linked to an audio recording (your audio file), thanks to which platforms can trace the amount of times the file is being played by listeners and hand out revenue to the distributor (us) who then redistribute this revenue to you.

However, everything that is related to your copyrights (songwriting, lyrics, arrangement, etc.) is taken care of by collecting societies. For more info on what they are and what they do, I invite you to read carefully the following articles :

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Muchas gracias,
He leído los artículos que enlazas.
Aún así, sigo teniendo dudas acerca de si demostrando con un ISRC y su fecha me encuentro con un tema mio publicado posteriormente por otro artista y que debería hacer.
Antes registraba mis temas com Creative Commons y dejé de hacerlo cuando comencé a publicarlos aquí, pensando en mi desconocimiento que solo por el hecho de publicarlos en las plataformas ya estarían protegidos.

Ahora estoy más confuso :sweat_smile:

Hello @Cone,

Copyrighting your music can be quite complex and there are many factors to keep in mind.

There are tons of ressources available online that will explain the basics, the best thing is to do some research to see what type of protection you want to apply to your music. Here’s a good place to start : How To Copyright Your Music - YouTube

Have a nice day :slight_smile:

Gracias de nuevo, por otro nuevo enlace.

También sería de agradecer ser lo más directo desde iMusician y responder claramente si la obra artística al subir una canción como lanzamiento está protegida o no por completo.

A falta de visionar el nuevo vídeo que me enlazas, mis conclusiones van encaminadas a pensar que por un lado, las canciones y su grabación están controladas en su forma del lanzamiento, pero ante el peligro de que alguien copie o versione una canción esta debe registrarse previamente para que la obra artistica esté protegida.

SI alguien tiene otra visión distinta será interesante conocerla.

Gracias y saludos a todos y todas.

Hello @Cone,

“También sería de agradecer ser lo más directo desde iMusician y responder claramente si la obra artística al subir una canción como lanzamiento está protegida o no por completo.”

→ This is clearly explained in the article I have invited you to read… Please take the time to do it : Do You Register My Release At Collecting Societies | iMusician

“A falta de visionar el nuevo vídeo que me enlazas, mis conclusiones van encaminadas a pensar que por un lado, las canciones y su grabación están controladas en su forma del lanzamiento, pero ante el peligro de que alguien copie o versione una canción esta debe registrarse previamente para que la obra artistica esté protegida.”

→ That’s correct.

Have a nice day

1 Like