Song has been taken down from all streaming platform, but there are still streams on Apple Music

Hello,

On May 22, 2023, I initiated a takedown of the single Enlightened (UPC: 4061798577965) by James Leeds. Now, after over five weeks, I can still see the song streaming on Apple Music. Can you tell me how this came about and how it can be prevented in the future? For background information: I uploaded the song again with the same ISRC, but now it runs under the stage name James Franklin Bertschy. However, on the Apple Music Artist Page, it hasn’t resulted in a single stream yet.

Thank you for your help!
James

Hey @James :v:

Thank you for your message.

@Carlos from the iMusician Team will get back to you shortly, and take care of your request.

Best regards,
Can

1 Like

Hello @James,

I confirm that the release has been taken down on our end. Also I’ve checked on Apple Music and the release doesn’t appear on James Leeds’ discography.

What exactly do you mean by “I can still see the song streaming on Apple Music” ?

Thanks ahead for your precisions :slight_smile:

Thanks Carlos for your help.

Here is my print screen from apple artist music.

“Enlightened” still streamed the last seven days. Could it be that these are streams from listeners who saved my song previously?

Hello @James,

Yes, it could be this or the last streams that were registered before the takedown was finalized. In any case, the release is not available anymore on Apple Music.

Best,

Thanks for your answer.

The only thing which is disturbing me is that on the Apple Music artist profile the genre is still shown as “Instrumental” though now only pop songs are on this profile. Is there any way to change the genre (e.g. contact apple music or any other way)?

Hello @James,

There is nothing we can do about this release anymore since the takedown we have requested has been completed by Apple Music. It is therefore not online anymore and we cannot request any modifications because of this.

Best,