Song is on wrong artist profile Spotify

Hello IMusician,

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to address a concern regarding the artist name identification on one of my songs distributed through your platform.

The singer featured on the track “Le Poulet de Ouaga” is KPG. However, on Spotify, the song does not appear on KPG’s personal profile, and the identification seems to be inaccurate.

Could you please guide me on the process to correct this? I want to ensure that the correct artist is credited for the collaboration.

Thank you for your assistance.

Best regards, Simon Chenet

The song :

The artist profile :

Hey @SimonChenet,

I’ve checked your release and it seems to have been correctly attributed to the artist name you have indicated in the metadata (“Kpg”, not “KPG”).

2 Likes

It is a mistake, I need to change to the artist KPG not Kpg.
How can we change that, thank you.

1 Like

Hello @SimonChenet

Thanks for your message.

@Carlos will get back to you next week. No one from the Team works on weekends.

Best,

3 Likes

Hey @SimonChenet,

I see. Unfortunately, it is not possible to change artist names on a release that’s already online. Therefore, the only way to fix this is to request a takedown of the release, wait 4 weeks and then re-create it with the correct artist name “KPG”.

2 Likes

Hey @Carlos, If I change distribution company, if I transfer the record to another structure that I Musician, maybe they will be able to do it? I don’t understand why you can’t contact spotify about this. It’s not an artist problem it’s the same name, the problem is it’s written in lowercase instead of uppercase. Thanks for answer, I hope you can make an effort, each time I ask something you just answer : no we won’t do anything. I know time is precious but keeping artists in your company is also precious. Simon

Hey @SimonChenet,

If you change your distributor, the process is exactly the same. The only difference is that you will have to recreate the release with a different company.

Please understand that it’s not just a matter of “contacting them” as this kind of modification simply cannot be performed while the release is online. Yes, it’s only a matter of uppercase, but to streaming platforms “Kpg” and “KPG” are two distinct artists, therefore moving your release to another artist profile (with a different name) would be the same as asking to move a Led Zeppelin track to AC/DC’s profile. It simply cannot be done.

To correct this, as I’ve told you, you need to correct the metadata so we can send the updated version to Spotify. In order to do that, you need to request a takedown first, and then recreate the release with the correct information (via us or another company, that’s up to you).

I understand that this is frustrating for you, however these are the conditions set by the streaming platforms and as a distributor we have to respect them. Thank you for your consideration on this point.

Best regards,

2 Likes

Kpg and KPG are the same artist.
There is no other music from Kpg.
I cannot imagine Spotify not able to change Metadata easily for a mistake like this.
I think IMusician is lazy asking Spotify.
I will try myself to claim KPG artist profile, but I am not KPG, he is a guest on my album.

@SimonChenet, I’m really sorry that’s how you view it, especially since this has nothing to do with us being “lazy”. It’s just how it works :confused:

Anyways, good luck with your procedures !

2 Likes