Spotify not part of your catalog

Hi there, noticed some of my iMusician published songs are not in my control in Spotify Artist but mainly is, maybe you could check why few missing? Thanks.

1 Like

Hello @jamit I’m a moderator doing my best to help you,

I tag @Maurizio and @Carlos from iMusician support to check the few missing songs

The support is closed the week-end

A2D
- A DIY musician like you trying to help each other

3 Likes

Hey @jamit,

That’s strange… I’m checking with our team what could’ve happened here, I’ll get back to you once I have more info :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello again @jamit, we’ve just checked internally and there are no issues on our end with those releases. It seems that the probelm comes from Spotify, could you please contact them via your Spotify for Artists and ask them why these releases are not listed as part of your discography ?

2 Likes

Hi. Spotify has as source “iM Marian Jamit” not “MAJA-tuotanto” on those 2 songs. They cannot change it, they just relay metadata from you.

2 Likes

hi @jamit , can you post the link to your songs, to the wrong profile and to your profile?

2 Likes

Hey @jamit,

The source is just the label name you indicate when ordering your release, it has nothing to do with the assignment to your artist discography (you can have the same artist distribute multiples releases under different label names). I understand that Spotify is just using the metadata we provide, but in this case all your releases are asigned to the same Artist ID, so there’s no reason for them to list those as “not part of your discography”.

Please reach out to them for more info on their decision as, on our end, there’s no metadata mismatch :slight_smile:

2 Likes

PS: @jamit, we’re going to try changing the label name on those two releases to “MAJA-tuotanto” to see if it fixes the issue. If all goes well, they should be added to your discography within the next week.

Best,

2 Likes

This is now corrected. Thank you very much!

3 Likes