Spotify tracknames in Japanese Language what I absolutely never asked for

Regarding my release Burning Souls, Brandende zielen (Ah Cama-Sotz) (release Feb. 2022) I asked several times why all my tracks has been translated in Japanese language. It seems that spotify doesn’t do anything to change the name of my tracks to plain English. Please help. I asked iMusician several times to help out. What to do ? I have this problem since Apple iTunes asked for a Japanese translation???

link: Burning Souls. Brandende Zielen - Album by Ah Cama-Sotz | Spotify

What do U think?

Greetings. Herman

Hey @BatCat :v:

Thank you for your message.

@Carlos from the iMusician Team will get back to you shortly, and take care of your request.

Please be patient. There is no work on weekends. That’s why you can’t expect a response until next week.

Best regards,
Can

Thank you. I will be happy if this matter will be solved :slightly_smiling_face:

Gruesse. Herman

1 Like

Hello @BatCat,

I’ve checked the history of your file regarding this release and unfortunately it seems that Spotify is enforcing this since they are the only platform doing it (letters are in latin alphabet on Apple Music for e.g.) and we have already sent them multiple requests since July 2022, which they apprently keep refusing since the problem hasn’t been solved on their end.

Considering this, there is unfortunately not much we can do about it I’m afraid…

Best,

Before the iTunes upload all was ok. After the iTunes up^load it went nuts. I don’t get it! Terrible :frowning:

Tamashii is the only japanese word!!! And they wanted me this having translated ALL in Japanese. A mistery :frowning: Before the Itunes upload all went well… :frowning:

Dusha
Hing
Ruh
Siel
Anima
Tamashii

@BatCat, yes it is weird indeed. However, as I told you, Spotify is clearly reluctant to doing the modification, so there’s nothing we can do here I’m afraid.

Have a nice day.

A possibility is deleting this release in Itunes and spotify BOTH.
Afterwards uploading back the release only on SPOTIFY!!! and NOT on iTunes!!!

gr. Herman

@BatCat,

What you can do is request a takedown of the release and once it’s been removed, re-create it and not select Apple Music/iTunes. The procedure is explained here : How to take down a release or deactivate the Content ID? | iMusician