Too Many changes.. is it better to take down?

Hi , I released my first 2 tracks last year but

• I choosed the wrong genre
  • the quality is not the same ont the 2 tracks when I am pretty sure all my masters are in 24 bits
  • there is a mistake in the copyrights , Emmanuelle Pernet owns the cover’s copyrights only
  • I want to change a bit the cover

Do I have to take the release down and republish to change ir all ?
Do I have to pay for it ?

Thank you
Regards
Heneskah

1 Like

Hello @Heneskah

Thanks for your message.

If you wish to modify this release, you have two options:

1. Subscribe to the AMPLIFY+ offer, which allows you to make modifications to the release after delivery. You can find more information here → What if I need to correct something after my release was delivered? | iMusician and here more information about the plans → Pricing | iMusician

2. If you prefer to keep your current subscription, you must request the takedown of your release from the platforms → How to take down a release or deactivate the Content ID? | iMusician

Please wait for the takedown procedure to be finalised (2 to 4 weeks) and you can then recreate the release. If you create the release again, you will again be charged a one-time fee per single. That would be €9 per single.

I would also mention @Melani from the iMusician Team if she has something to add.

Best,

3 Likes

Perfectly said @cantheproducer ! :sparkles:

2 Likes

Ok thank you :slight_smile:
And I have to keep ISRC numbers right ?

2 Likes

If you want to keep the streams, you have to take the ISRCs with you :blush:

Best,

2 Likes

Oh sorry last question, I still have some euros credited mon my account.
If I decide to release back my single with an other distributor , I do have to keep my ISRC, right?
But can I get back my credit ?
I already have this other distributor and would like maybe to have all my titles managed with the same company for logistic purpose.

Thank you for your answer
Regard
Heneskah

Hello @Heneskah

You are welcome to ask questions at any time. That’s no problem :slight_smile:

Regarding question 1 (Credits)

• Do you mean Cash Credit or Promo Credits? If you mean Cash Credits, you can withdraw them at any time. Please note that you must log into your iMusician Account at least once a year so that they do not expire. When these expire, they will be converted into Promo Credits.

• If you mean Promo Credits, you cannot withdraw them, as far as I know. Please note that these also expire if you have not logged into your Account at least once a year. In any case, you will be notified by email of any pending expiration.

You can also find this and other information in the terms and conditions → Terms & Conditions | iMusician

Regarding question 2 (ISRC)

• Yes, you would have to take the same ISRC with you and use it to keep the streams.

I’ll mention @Melani and @Carlos from the Team, if there’s anything else to add.

Please note that no one works at this time and on weekends. You can expect an answer next week.

Best,

3 Likes

Hey @Heneskah,

You don’t “have to” keep your ISRCs, but yeah if you want to make it easier logistically then I’d recommend doing it. Just keep in mind that the tracks cannot be online if you want to re-distribute it with another distributor.

Regarding your credit, if it’s cash credit you can withdraw it by requesting a payout. If it’s promo credit, it is not possible to withdraw it but you can use it for any purchase on iMusician :slight_smile:

Best,

3 Likes

So then if I want to re-edit this single or include it in an LP I can just forget about the ISRC and just create others, I mean , this tracks haven’t been well directed to appear on any curator’ s playlists so …
I have a few streams only on majors . It is not essential to keep the streams if less than 100 is it ?

1 Like

Hey @Heneskah,

Honestly I can’t really answer this, it’s up to you really!

3 Likes