Upload a KI generated track - what is name of performer?

Well, the titel contains already the question: to upload a track it seems to be mandatory to add a performer, because it is required by iTunes and Apple Music. So what should be entered there, if KI has performed?

@Silvicial do you have commercial rights on this AI generated track ? Is there a valid license agreement that allows you to use and monetize the content you’ve created with this AI tool ?

2 Likes

Hi Carlos, yes, I use a paid version of Suno and have the rights.
I have now used the “name” Artificial Intelligence. But I still get stuck at the entry of the track and there is no error message explaining, what could be wrong or missing.

1 Like

Hey @Silvicial, we do not accept SUNO-generated releases unfortunately.

2 Likes

Oh … good to know. A error message would have saved a lot of work. Is there a reason, because at the end not many people would hear any difference to other music?

1 Like

I guess it is an attempt to protect the human artists, which I find okay and I would too. But I am afraid there is not much chance for the human artists in many different arts and not only music.

1 Like

Hey @Silvicial,

The deal with computer-generated music is that it’s a bit of a gray area.
Our focus is on supporting human artists and their original creations. While we totally dig the innovation and creativity that can come from computer-generated stuff, we feel like it’s important to keep our platform all about real, human-made tunes.

As for your concern about human artists, it’s a tough world out there for creatives in all kinds of fields, not just music. We’re all about trying to level the playing field as much as we can, so we appreciate your understanding on that front.

If you’ve got any more questions or thoughts, feel free to hit us up. And thanks for your feedback about the error message. I’ll forward it to our product team.

2 Likes