When creating release, says audio file already used

Hello Everyone,
I am having an issue creating a release. I uploaded files but could not complete the release as my browser seemed to have a problem at check-out. I restarted the browser but did not see the release so started it again.

I get a message now that the audio files are already used and cannot complete the release for this reason. Is there a way I can reset this, or that I can find the previously started release? Thank you so much!

Best wishes,
Liana

2 Likes

Hello @Liana

Thanks for your message.

The error message “This audio file has already been used” indicates that the audio file you are trying to assign to your track is already in your library. This basically means that you are trying to upload the same audio file twice to two different tracks, which is not possible.

Please make sure that you do not have any duplicate tracks (i.e. the same track several times) in your library and that the audio file is only allocated once.

Best,

1 Like

Thank you for your reply.
I see I have the songs in my library twice but did not yet find how to delete them. I see the first-attempt of the release, however, and it says it is only waiting for payment.

I clicked on “Pay and Release”. This brought me to “Shopping Basket” page which shows “Amount to Pay $0.00” It was more than this before, and I did not yet pay. So I am not able to pay. Is there a way I can reset this?
Thank you again!

2 Likes

Thanks for your feedback :slight_smile:

@Carlos or @Melani will get back to you tomorrow.

Best,

2 Likes

Hey @Liana,

I’ve cleaned up your library and deleted all the duplicates. To pay for your open order, simply go in Account > Order Overview

Best,

1 Like

I still await my response from Melanie on this same issue.

It seems like you need clearer indications about tracks status all along the way.

Please update me - it seems like Spotify got my track twice - I pitched the first - should I have pitched the second? I should not have paid the additional $30.

Hi Carlos, Thank you so much!
I remember there was an option, when I entered track info, to select composer as “Traditional - No longer known”. I had not selected this previously because my recordings are original arrangements/versions.
I realized now that for one of the tracks on this release (Abide w me), the arrangement/version I played is basically traditional. So I think I should select “Traditional - No longer known” as composer. I tried to edit this today before checking out, but a message said I needed to upgrade to make changes. So I upgraded to Amplify. But then I was still unable to edit the track info.

Could you tell me how I might edit the info? Or, could you make that change, or delete the release so I can start it again?
Thank you again!
Best wishes-

1 Like

Hi Carlos, Please disregard my previous question about changing the composer metadata. The issue has been resolved. Thanks again! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hello @LBenitez

Thanks for your message.

@Melani will get back to you next week. No one from the Team works on weekends.

Best,

1 Like

Hello @LBenitez, I replied to you via email and also provided with the correct refund. Please use one channel for communicating with us, if you are on an AMPLIFY plan, then you can access support through your dashboard :slight_smile:

2 Likes