• Spotify
  • Deezer
  • Amazon Music
  • Apple Music / iTunes
  • Bandcamp
  • Live / Festival
  • Other (add your comment)

0 voters

I still really love Last.fm - I used to use it when they would stream their own tracks, but I think that they didn’t figure out how to monetise their audience fast enough so now they use Spotify to play the tracks but they use their own algo (I believe) for the “discovery”. And it is SOOOOOO much better than Spotify’s discover weekly!
Anyone else using Last.fm?

4 Likes

@JJ_JJ friends are also there to discover music

1 Like

100% - friends and colleagues - we share a lot of tracks that we find internally (maybe it’s something we should share with the community??!) Our QA team listen to almost every track so we definitely get some absolute TUNES from them!

1 Like

Oh yes, they are! 100%.

1 Like

Audiomack et SoundCloud … Boomplay

2 Likes

I use SoundCloud to find mixes, recorded online radio shows and live sets. What I find on the tracklist / via Shazam / guessing/asking, I then Google and find on Bandcamp / Spotify / YouTube so I can listen to it over and over :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Spotify and Soundcloud.

Also I find a lot of new music by talking to some music-loving friends. We have some shared playlists where we put our new finds.

2 Likes

Thanks!
What do you think is interesting about Spotify or Soundcloud in terms of discovering new music? Is it the playlist made for you?

1 Like

Oh, I love Shazam! :blush:

1 Like

I’m using the discover weekly and the Made for you playlists. But i’m also using third party sites like everynoise which really make spotify shine in my opinion.

I’m still discovering soundcloud as a music discovery tool. I’m enjoying The Upload (their take on discover weekly) playlist.

2 Likes

SoundCloud has a lot of unreleased / soon-to-be released music that I can’t find anywhere else. #testpress #whitelabel

2 Likes

Hey Julie, that’s right! a bit like Bandcamp, I can find rare tracks or unreleased ones. I just love those little surprises.

1 Like