The truth about playlist adds and how to get quality placements

Hi @MattiaBalboni , maybe you could tell us more about what you mean, like the best strategy for doing what exactly? But for what regards quality streams and placements and apart from the things said above, I think it is always nice to post the playlist adds and share them with your friends and fans, also reaching out to the curators and telling them what you like in particular in that playlists, hope I got your question well so far :blush:

Thanks a lot Andi,

here is the link of the playlist. If you want to have your track on this one, just go to the discord, and ask at @lastravageopinion to put it :wink:

Have a nice day

2 Likes

Great post, great topic - Have made this a featured post and pinned the converstion :slight_smile: thanks for your contributions @Andi @M.A.N @MattiaBalboni

2 Likes

hi @SimonG , thanks a lot!! :smiley:

hi @M.A.N yeah! Iā€™ve listened to it and itā€™s great! I can only recommend it :smiley:

Just to note - weā€™re putting some more weight behind our playlists (soon). Tagging @antonioayora to get involved in here :slight_smile:

1 Like

hi @SimonG thatā€™s really good news!!!

We wanted to add this thought about listening to songs on spotify and other streaming platforms regarding some kind of new streaming etiquette we would like to introduce to you, hoping yā€™all might find it usefull although itā€™s not strictly related to this topic:
As streaming platforms generally count 30+ seconds of listening as a stream we think it would be nice to avoid skipping or jumping to another track before of that. Not only it will not count as a stream which could be ok but the spotify algo, for example, will put a negative note on that song.
This also applies to playlist curators, we want to invite everybody to give the songs that apply to your playlist a chance. Even better if you listen to them for 90+ seconds or best to the whole song as some interesting things might occur after the first 30 seconds. And, we all know how easy it is to fall into this ā€œdecline moodā€ when we listen to dozens of songs that applied to our playlists. Listening to a song a little longer sometimes makes us be more objective and approve songs we might have declined after listening to them for just a few seconds.
So, letā€™s all give music a chance!!! :hugs:

Hello,

I would be very interested to know how IMusician judges the submitted songs for a playlist. I had submitted many songs to various iMusician playlists in the past. Unfortunately, none of these have been added.

I would like to understand what I need to do better as an artist. Are the singles not good enough?

Thanks and have a nice weekend everyone :sunglasses:

1 Like

Hi @cantheproducer, maybe @JJ_JJ and @SimonG can help out more than me with this, but as far as I can see, it doesnā€™t have anything to with doing better as an artist but dipends on the personal taste of the curators and the style of the playlist and, obviously, those two put together. :blush:
Also, for what I had the chance to experience, playlists arenā€™t updated that frequently on iMusician, so it might be that your songs still have to be heard. Maybe we can hope to see some improvement here too as Simon announced some things are going to happen soon on the playlist front :wink:
Btw, what is the style of your music? can you post a link to it? I would be very interested to give it a listen.

2 Likes

Hello @Andi ,

Thank you for your reply. Iā€™m excited to see whatā€™s to come :sunglasses: :+1:

For this year Iā€™ve mainly specialized in summer songs.

Here is an example from last year:

1 Like

hey @cantheproducer, Iā€™ve listened to your music, wow, it changed a lot over time! I, personally, like ā€œStoriesā€ a lot :v: just as an idea, you might want to update your artist profile on spotify, maybe add some pics and an artist pick. these little attentions can help to make a curator more interested in staying on your page and listening more to your music.

1 Like

Thank you very much! :clap:

Iā€™ve changed a few things on my Spotify profile. Iā€™m glad you liked Stories. :sunglasses: :+1:

2 Likes

Glad if I could be of some help :+1:

1 Like

Hey @cantheproducer, I checked out your updated profile, big improvement! there is also a quality algo on spotify that checks how complete a profile is and now Iā€™d say yours is! I also liked the invitation to stay tuned, in my eyes it has a very positiv effect on the visitor!

1 Like

@cantheproducer There is also a specific topic About the How To Get Playlisted category where maybe you could get some more accurate answers :smiley: I could also immagine that the whole last section of this topic might be moved directly there, maybe @antonioayora might help us with this :blush:

1 Like

Exactly, this depends on the playlist mood/genres and the taste of the curator. We update the playlists every 2-4 weeks for the ones that are active, some need a new curator #lookingforlove :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Hi everyone :smiley: weā€™re proud to say that the concept of sustainable playlisting is working out really well AND is spreading!!! Here is an amazing playlist that is based on cooperation and creating synergies which we highly recommend: Best Artists on Spotify (Discover tomorrowā€™s stars today with ā€œBest Artists on Spotifyā€ playlist featuring a diverse range of up-and-coming musicians breaking through boundaries with their unique sound and fresh perspective. Submissions via IG @gimbal.lock.band)
And remember: One well placed playlist add and active listening can create this small flap of a wing of a :butterfly: and we all know how it can become a HUGE :ocean:
:blush:

3 Likes

And one more thing: Participating to a common playlist and chat creates an amazing connection between artists! And we as independent indie artists can use that boost that comes from the community interaction and interconnection, together we can make great things happen! And we want to invite everyone to share their thoughts and experiences with playlisting :v: :smiley:
Try out also these amazing topics on behalf:

4 Likes